"all opinions are valid" only applies to subjective shit like ice cream flavours, when it come to whether or not certain types of people are allowed to live safe and comfortable lives, I’d say objectivity was pretty fucking important.
'in the LGBTQIA community, gay men and lesbians are prioritized over multisexual (bi/pan/poly) people' Even if that were NOT absolute bullshit (and it is), you realize how small the LGBTQIA community is? You realize that bi women catch much, much, MUCH less shit from society at large than lesbian women do, because bi women at least have the OPTION of 'normal' relationships?
- "35% of straight women had experienced rape, physical violence, or stalking by a partner at some point in their lives. But 43.8% of lesbian women had experienced one of the three, as had a full 61.1% of bisexual women.”
- "Bisexual women were also the most likely to have been raped by anyone, partner or not — 46.1% of them had experienced rape at some point, compared with 13.1% of lesbian women and 14.7% of straight women.”
- "[Bi women] were more likely to report that domestic violence had negatively impacted their lives — 57.4% of bisexual women who’d experienced violence said they also suffered aftereffects like missing work or having symptoms of post-traumatic stress disorder. Only 33.5% of lesbian women and 28.2% of straight women said the same.”
- "A 2011 study found that bisexual women were at greater risk of depression and anxiety than women who were straight or gay, a result the study author attributed to stigma against bisexuality.” (sources for the above.)
- Bisexuals are more likely to have mood/anxiety disorders and poor physical health, and higher rates of smoking and risky drinking than hetero and homo people.
- Many bi people don’t come out to healthcare providers, nor do sex ed/testing facilities cater to us, therefore we miss out on relevant info.
- In urban areas, bisexual women have double the rate of frequent mental distress compared to lesbians, due to feelings of isolation and lack of bi safe spaces.
- “whereas 9.6% of straight women and 29.5% of lesbian women reported feeling suicidal, suicidality among bisexual women was found to be as high as 45.4%.”
- “ As for men, whereas 7.4% of straights and 25.2% of gays reported suicidality, bisexuals who reported suicidality made up 34.8% of the respondents.”
- “Another research, this time in Britain, found that young and middle-aged bisexual adults reported poorer mental health than any other sexual orientation group examined. The researchers even go as far as saying that “[p]revious studies may have overstated the risk of mental health problems for homosexuals by grouping them together with bisexuals.””
- Bi women have lower education levels, and were more likely to be 200% below the poverty line and not have health insurance. They’re more likely to have more children in their home. (therefore needing to support more people)
- “while gay men earned 2-3% less than straight men and lesbians 2.7% less, bisexual men earned 10-15% less and bisexual women nearly 11% less.”
- "“bisexual women are more than twice as likely as lesbians to live in poverty (17.7% compared to 7.8%), and bisexual men are over 50% more likely to live in poverty than gay men (9.7% compared to 6.2%)” (emphasis in original)”
- In 2008 and 2009, no money went to bi-specific organisations or projects out of the >$200mill in grants donated by American foundations to LGBT organizations. Further, of the organisations in San Francisco that were willing to respond to a study on bisexuality, most didn’t offer bi-specific content. (sources for the above)
yeah, keep telling me about how bi people get “so much less shit” than lesbians. mhm. totally not biphobic bullshit.
gay and lesbian people face ostracization from straight people. bi people face ostracization from straight people, AND gay and lesbian people.
also, the implication that bi people want to date someone of the “opposite” gender (which is binarist as fuck) is bullshit. i would never date a man, and i know plenty of bi women who say the same. shut the fuck up.
slide into the deep pits of hell
(Source: thefuuuucomics, via fightlikea-grrrl)
sticks and stones may break my bones but words constitute my entire existence and my ability to meaningfully interact with the universe because we live in a textual reality in which everything is constructed and coded by language there is no escaping the symbolic dimensions of language there is nothing outside the text there is nothing outside the text there is nothing outside the text
(Source: prince-warp, via thisfirewillcatch)
she is literally perfection
meanwhile i’m asking the real fuckin questions
just chillin & glorifyin obesity
Gay marriage will now be referred to as a “macklemarriage”
Or just as marriage..?
Macklemore didn’t die for this
day one hundred and twenty five. (by Emily Doe)
(Source: chickabiddy, via stolentimelord)
constantly thinking “wow, i’ve really internalized some toxic shit”
(Source: garbagebunny, via ethiopienne)
❝Black women wake up in the morning, look in the mirror, and see Black women. White women wake up in the morning, look in the mirror, and see women. White men wake up in the morning, look in the mirror, and see human beings.❞
i cant believe i missed the lesbian sex wars